{the cottage garden club}

Yesterday's blog entry was about rocks in chinese garden design, well I've been living under one! How this special little club has flown under my radar is a mystery. I stumbled across its existence in a past copy of Gardening Australia magazine. I instantly rang the Secretary, Sue Perkins to find out more and couldn't have come across a more lovely or enthusiastic person. The club meets every three months at Epping in a big ol' church hall (as you will see from pictures below, it may not be big enough for long!). There are over 700 members in the club who all have a common bond of loving gardens, in particular, Cottage Gardens. Stalls full of plants welcome you in, as does a cuppa. Best to get there early as plants are snapped up like hot cakes. Of course I came away with an array of goodies - some FREE! (you have to love the generosity of gardeners!). Lunch is provided by members each bringing a plate to contribute- good opportunity for recipe swapping!

Being a member of this lovely 'little' group has many benefits: attending these meetings to listen to the wonderful speakers, joining in a "Ramble" (sneaky peaking on another member's garden or other generous person who opens up their garden for us to look at), interstate and international guided garden tours at discounted rates and of course the quarterly newsletter. Personally, I think the $15 for the annual membership is money well spent just to spend the day with like minded people who don't think I'm crazy if all I do is talk plants and gardening!! (PS. lunch is pretty awesome too - check out all the homecooked yumminess!!)

You had me at the first stall...
Fantastic perennials from Bob Griffin's nursery
"Cooramilla Nursery" all the way from Blayney!


Not a spare seat to be found! Tables laden with lunchtime goodies!

Books from Florilegium - my other weakness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment